Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on October 17, 2019.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- SHAUN GOULBOURNE, DHSC, PT, MTC, OCS, STC, CSCS, NSCA-CPT, CDEII
- PESI Rehab
- 10/17/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Discuss the latest advances in sports rehabilitation and their implications for therapy.
- Review strategies for more quickly identifying the root causes of pain and functional limitations.
- Integrate effective interventions can be used immediately to eliminate pain, restore function, and improve athletic performance.
- Combine multiple modalities effectively for better results, including dry needling, manual therapy, IASTM, yoga, core stabilization, Crossfit training, and sports-specific workouts.
- Design robust, innovative plans of care for a wide range of sports injuries.
- Apply the assessments and interventions discussed in this seminar to a series of interactive case scenarios.
HOT TOPICS AND INNOVATIONS IN SPORTS REHABILITATION
HANDS-ON LAB: UPGRADE YOUR ASSESSMENT AND CLINICAL REASONING SKILLS
- How your patients can benefit from cutting edge research
HANDS-ON LAB: EXPAND YOUR SPORTS REHAB TOOLBOX
- Get to the root causes of impairments faster with better evaluation techniques for:
- Movement dysfunction
- Fascial and joint restrictions
- Muscle tightness and weakness
- Balance, stability and mobility
- Nerve entrapments
HOW TO EFFECTIVELY COMBINE MULTIPLE MODALITIES FOR BETTER RESULTS
- Practice effective techniques you can use immediately to:
- Eliminate pain
- Improve function and athletic performance
- Increase strength, flexibility, power, and endurance
- Improve balance, coordination, stability and mobility
- Enhance movement mechanics
- Loosen tight muscles
- Mobilize soft tissue
- Decompress entrapped nerves
HANDS-ON LAB: DESIGN ADVANCED, INNOVATIVE PLANS OF CARE FOR YOUR PATIENTS
- Sports-specific workouts
- Core stabilization
- Crossfit training
- Joint manipulation
- Dry needling
- Nutritional analysis
CASE STUDIES: PUT KNOWLEDGE TO PRACTICE
- Practice developing comprehensive treatment strategies for common impairments, including:
- Running, jumping, and other lower body sports injuries
- Throwing and other upper body sports injuries
- Neck and back pain
- SI joint and pelvic dysfunction
- Postural deviations
- Nerve entrapments
- Case study 1: Decrease hip pain with running athletes
- Case study 2: Reduce back pain with functional activities
- Case study 3: Safeguard the shoulder and elbow during sports activities
- Case study 4: Improve athletic performance and power input
SHAUN GOULBOURNE, DHSC, PT, MTC, OCS, STC, CSCS, NSCA-CPT, CDEII
Shaun Goulbourne, DHSc, PT, MTC, OCS, SCS, STC, CSCS, NSCA-PT, CDEll, is an expert in sports rehabilitation with over 20 years of experience guiding athletes to peak performance. His practice includes on- and off-site treatment of athletes, and he has extensive history playing and coaching competitive sports. Formerly an international basketball player, he serves as a coach with the Olympic Development Program for the United States Soccer Federation. In his spare time, he competes in marathons and full ironman events.
Dr. Goulbourne earned his Doctorate in health science with emphasis in orthopedics and sports medicine from the University of St. Augustine, and he holds numerous certifications in manual and sports therapy. He is a Sports Certified Specialist and Orthopedic Certified Specialist through the American Board of Physical Therapy, is an osteopractor through the American Spinal Manipulation Institute, and a Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach and Personal Trainer with the NSCA.
Financial: Shaun Goulbourne has an employment relationship with Intrepid USA. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Shaun Goulbourne is a member of the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Athletic Trainers
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists
- Exercise Physiologists
- Personal Trainers
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI Kids, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.