Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on December 9, 2019.
- DVD Video - 8+ hours Instructions
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- JAMIE MINER, PT, DPT, GCS
- PESI Rehab
- 12/9/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Evaluate the latest advances in vestibular rehabilitation and their implications for rehab.
- Analyze the anatomy and physiology of the vestibular system.
- Examine signs and symptoms of vestibular dysfunction.
- Demonstrate screens and tests commonly used to evaluate vestibular patients.
- Develop a comprehensive framework for evaluation.
- Interpret evaluation findings appropriately.
- Differentiate root causes of dizziness, vertigo, and vestibular disorders.
- Determine appropriate candidates for vestibular rehabilitation.
- Demonstrate maneuvers, rolls, thrusts, gaze stabilization exercise, and other vestibular rehabilitation techniques.
- Explain clinical rationale for applying each technique.
- Describe indications and contraindications for vestibular rehabilitation techniques.
- Combine multiple approaches for better outcomes, including balance training, vestibular rehabilitation, gaze stabilization, targeted exercises and more.
- Integrate therapy protocols for reducing dizziness, vertigo, and vestibular disorders.
- Design comprehensive plans of care for a wide range of vestibular diagnoses.
- Formulate strategies for addressing related symptoms, including migraines, neck pain, nausea and anxiety.
- Apply the assessments and interventions discussed in this seminar to a series of interactive case scenarios.
- Justify therapy with applicable progress measures.
- Illustrate appropriate coding, billing, and documentation for vestibular disorders.
Hot Topics and Innovations in Treatment of Dizziness, Vertigo, and Vestibular Disorders
HANDS-ON LAB: Upgrade Your Assessment and Clinical Reasoning Skills
- How your patients can benefit from cutting edge research
HANDS-ON LAB: Revolutionize Your Rehab Toolbox for Dizziness, Vertigo, And Vestibular Disorders
- Get to the root cause of impairments faster with today’s best tests and evaluations for:
- Gait disturbances
- Visual hallucinations
- Drop attacks
- Double vision
- Motion sensitivity
- Gaze stability
HANDS-ON LAB: Combine Techniques More Effectively for Better Outcomes
- Practice effective techniques you can use immediately to:
- End years of vertigo and dizziness in as little as one session
- Significantly improve functional mobility and stability
- Manage concussion symptoms more effectively
- Return athletes to sport faster
- Prevent falls
- Improve balance and gait
- Restore gaze stability and focus
- Reduce migraines, neck pain, nausea, anxiety, and other related symptoms
HANDS-ON LAB: Design Advanced, Innovative Plans of Care for Your Patients
- Practice integrating:
- Epley maneuver and variations
- Head thrust technique
- Brandt-Daroff exercises
- Roll technique
- BBQ roll
- Liberatory maneuver
- Ocular motor assessment
- Vestibular ocular reflex/gaze stabilization treatments
- Saccade exercises
- Optokinetic treatments
- Subjective visual vertical assessment
- Progressive advancement of visual motion
- Treatment for exertional intolerance
- Smooth pursuit neck torsion test
- Joint mobility for cervicogenic dizziness
CASE STUDIES: Put Knowledge to Practice
- Practice developing comprehensive treatment strategies for common impairments, including:
- Cervicogenic dizziness
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)
- Vestibular hypofunction
- Vestibular neuronitis
- Vestibular migraine
- Meniere’s disease
- Acoustic neuroma
Maximize Your Reimbursement
- Case study 1: Correctly identify the root cause of impairment
- Case study 2: Differentiate cervicogenic dizziness, BPPV and vestibular hypofunction
- Case study 3: Problem solve a complex case of vestibular hypofunction
- Case study 4: Develop an effective treatment plan for Meniere’s
- Case study 5: Navigate pharmacological side effects and comorbidities
- Case study 6: Accurately measure patient outcomes
- Case study 7: Overcome barriers to strategy implementation
- Coding and billing updates
- Justify rehab with the right progress measures
- Avoid denials and audits with these tips
JAMIE MINER, PT, DPT, GCS
Jamie Miner, PT, DPT, CGS, is an expert with over 25 years of experience treating patients in hospitals, rehab centers, home health, and other practice settings.
Dr. Miner travels nationally to present seminars on spinal and vestibular rehabilitation, and she is known for her dynamic, hands-on teaching style. Over the years, she has maintained a busy outpatient clinical practice, she currently provides therapy services to older adults in several skilled nursing facilities. A Geriatric Certified Specialist through the APTA, she serves as an adjunct professor and clinical instructor at Shenandoah University’s DPT program.
Financial: Jamie Miner has an employment relationship with Rehabcare, Galloway Ridge Facility. She is an Adjunct Associate Professor at Shenandoah University. Ms. Miner receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Jamie Miner has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Athletic Trainers
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI Kids, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.